When you make a reservation through our Website, you enter into a contractual relationship with us. A prerequisite for completing a reservation through our website is the collection of your personal data. Your personal data is collected following your explicit consent (in order for us to be able to fulfill our contractual obligation to you) for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and is not further processed in a manner incompatible with these purposes (Article 5 par. 1b of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679). In this contractual relationship, in which You are the subject of Personal Data, our Company operates either as a Data Processing Manager, or as a Processor (Article 4 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
- Personal Data we collect and how we collect them.
Although in some cases we will ask you to provide us with your personal data in order for you to purchase products or services (and we will make it clear to you what exactly we need from you at that moment), you can still visit many pages on our site without having to provide us with any information regarding your personal data.
We may collect your personal data in the following cases:
- When purchasing a product and / or a service: During the completion of your order, you provide us with your name, date of birth, your credit card details, including the card number, the type, the name of the holder, the expiration date, the invoice or receipt address, and the delivery details of your order.
- When signing up to receive informative material, or other marketing material, or refresh your preferences at the relevant center: You provide us with your email address, name and other relevant information, enabling us to better respond to your questions and queries, as well as personalizing our direct, non transactional communication with you, by sending you informative material, or marketing material, tailored to your needs.
- When taking part in competitions, questionnaires and surveys: When completing forms for questionnaires, surveys or contests, you provide us with your personal information such as your name, address, email and other information that may be required from you.
- When contacting our office or our customer service department: When you contact us by e-mail, telephone or mail, for example, when you contact our customer service department, you will be asked to provide us with your personal data, such as name, email address, etc. In addition, your calls to our Call Center may be recorded.
- By using data collection tools, when you visit our website: In addition to the information you give us voluntarily, certain information is collected automatically when you visit our website through data tracking technologies that we use occasionally, such as cookies. Cookies collect information from your computer, whenever you visit our site, including technical information such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser type and version, the referral site, as well as information about your shopping preferences, the products you’ve seen / searched and your activity on our site. If you are a wireless user and access the Internet through your mobile phone or other devices, you must contact your service provider to find out if they collect your personal information.
- When providing specific content on our website, for example, review or comments as a customer.
- From third sources, such as credit reporting agencies: We may receive information about you from other sources, for example from companies that provide information about credibility rating and fraud protection, or we may receive your information, such as your address, from third parties recruited for security and protection purposes against fraud.
- Cookies Policy.
In particular, we use the following cookies:
- a) Analytics cookies – We are constantly trying to optimize our website by simplifying the search and reservation process. The most useful and valuable information we receive for this reason comes from analytics cookies that allow us to see how visitors are moving to our site anonymously and to record what they see and what they are interested in. This helps us to improve the services and online experience we offer and to ensure that our users find the information they are looking for.
- b) Social media cookies – Through these cookies we have the ability to integrate social networking content, in order to share social networking widgets, or to personalize your experience, based on the information that concerns you or you have previously shared through your social accounts.
- c) Cookies from affiliate pages – Our wish is to always reward our partners for the services they offer, but we can only achieve this with your own assistance and help! These cookies allow us to monitor visits to our site from our partners’ sites.
- d) Advertising cookies – Let us help you with the offers you are really interested in! These cookies collect information about your preferences and choices on our website, so that you can see personalized advertising information depending on the products and services that really interest you.
- e) Technical cookies – They strictly concern the use of the site. They are necessary to offer you the services you are looking for, correctly and accurately.
- f) Functional cookies – They are necessary to provide the services requested by the users on this website. These cookies are used by our site.
- g) New Relic – We use New Relic analytics to monitor the performance of our website, its illustrious underlying operating systems and its architecture. With this information, we make changes that improve the performance of the site.
- Google Analytics
Google may also transfer this information to third parties, under the condition it is provided by law, or if any third parties process the data on its behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data it owns. You can disable Google Analytics by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser, but note that in such a case you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
By using this site, you agree with the processing of your personal data collected by Google in the manner described above, for the above purpose.
- Additional Social Plugins
In our site, ‘social plugins’ of the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc. 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”), are used. Plugins are recognized by Facebook logos (a white “f” on a blue background, or the “thumbs-up” icon), or with the phrase “Facebook social plug-in.” You can find the list of “social plugins” by clicking here.
In case you find yourself on a page on our website where we have built a plugin, the browser will contact the Facebook server to upload the plugin and view it. During this process, Facebook receives information about your visit to our website, such as your IP address. When the plugin is loaded, Facebook incorporates its content into our website. For this reason, we do not know how much data Facebook can collect using these plugins.
You can learn more about how much and what data Facebook collects, how it processes and uses it, what your rights are on the data you provide, and what settings you can modify to protect your privacy, by visiting the Facebook data usage policy. If you have a Facebook account but you do not want Facebook to collect information about your visit, you will need to log out of your Facebook account before visiting our website. You can also use additional apps in your browser, to prevent the projection of specific plugins from our site.
Our site uses the Google plugins additional application of the Google Plus social network site, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, U.S. The Google plugin can be identified by the ‘+1’ symbol. When you visit our website, which contains a Google plugin, your browser will create a direct link to Google’s servers. The content of the ‘+1’ symbol will be sent directly to your browser and will be integrated into the web page.
According to Google, no personal data is collected unless you click on the ‘+1’ symbol. Personal data is collected and processed only by users who are connected to the Google+ social network, while visiting our site. More information on the above can be found by clicking here. Base Outdoor Activities has no influence on the collection and processing of data, for which Google is solely responsible.
- How we use your information.
In particular, we will use your information for the following general purposes, provided you have given us your explicit consent:
- To create your Base Outdoor Activities account: We will use the information you provide to us when creating your account on our website, in order to create and maintain your account.
- To complete orders: When you make an order for products or services through our website, or other distribution channels, we use your information to process the transaction, complete your order, and provide you with the products and services you have ordered.
- To answer your queries: In order to process your request, a member of our customer service may contact you via email, phone, or otherwise. We can also use your contact information to send you information about a reservation (for example, in respect of changes to the reservation of a trip, we would be able to help you find alternatives), or to respond to any suggestions you might send us (for example, about our website, products and services), and / or evaluate and report the results of the surveys and competitions you may have participated in. For reasons of quality assurance and training purposes, telephone communication with our customers is usually recorded. Some information, including customer email, may be used as evidence of the quality of our services. However, we will never publicly disclose your personal information.
- To improve your experience on our site and to provide you with information about products, services, special offers and promotions: We use the data gathered from the permanent cookie file on your computer (see Par. B – Cookies Policy), along with other personal data you provide to us, in order for us to create a more functional site by evaluating content and traffic on that page. We use this information to provide you with a personalized experience, so that you can easily navigate to our page and that we display specific products and services that we believe you are interested in. When you enter personal information or make an order on our website, or other distribution channels, we may use this information to contact you to inform you about special offers and promotions. Still, you may be sent newsletters that we believe you are interested in and have agreed to receive. You may change your preferences for the above ways of communication any time, by contacting us (see Contact Us for questions or comments) or by using the unsubscribe link at the end of each email you receive from us.
- For internal functions and analysis: We can use your personal data for purposes of internal management, analysis, and quality assurance, including fraud prevention. In addition to using the information you provide us to process, verify, and fulfill requests for your travel or other services you have requested, we may use these data for administrative and data analysis purposes through management, accounting, charging and control information systems. We may also use the personal data you provide, to send you details about your travel progress, or travel information, special offers, surveys, contests or other travel opportunities provided by us or our partners.
- With whom we share your information and why.
When you use our website and provide personal data, we use this information to complete your reservation (flight, ferry, or other reservation), fulfill your possible requests and provide you with email, promotional information or information about your journey. We do not share your data with third parties, unless this is required to complete your order and meet your requests for your travel arrangements. Such other third parties may be airlines or tour operators, commercial credit card services, reservation systems and other global distribution systems, and other.
When you make a reservation or purchase products or services on our website, there is a chance that we share some of the personal data you provide to us (for example, your name, your credit card number, details of your billing address) to credit reference organizations, payment processors, or other third parties for the purpose of verifying this information, due to security processes. If your personal information cannot be verified (for example, if the billing address you have entered does not match your credit card details), we will contact you to inform you that your purchase request has not been confirmed and to ask you to provide us with the correct information, if possible, so that we can process your order.
- Security of your personal data.
We recognize the importance of protecting all your personal data and we use the appropriate tools to protect them. For example, only authorized employees are allowed to access your personal data and only for the functions that the business allows. However, a data transmission over the Internet can never be described as 100% secure. Therefore, although we make valid efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the protection of the data you provide to us. In order to protect the data stored on our system, we have implemented various security measures, including data encryption technology and firewalls, so that unauthorized people cannot access your information.
- Display customized ads.
Our main goal is to provide you with content and information relevant to your preferences. For this reason, it is possible that through cookies and other technologies we collect information about your searches on the internet that are associated with your travel preferences. Then, we use this information, along with other information we have collected, to display ads related to your obvious preferences, on our website or on another website. However, we never combine information about your travel preferences with personal data (such as your email address) to display ads. In addition, we do not share your personal data with third parties so that they can display ads to you.
If you wish us to stop sending you updates or promotions, you can use the unsubscribe link at the end of the email you receive from us, or send us your request to unsubscribe.
- Transfer of data.
We would like to inform you that your data is processed outside of your country, where our servers and our central database are located. Although the current data protection laws and other EU laws are as complete as those required by law in Greece, be sure to make every effort to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with national legislation and any other relevant legislation in force. In addition, in order to process your data as described in this policy, we may need to transfer your information to other countries, including for example countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), whose legal framework is in full compliance with the provisions and the level of security required by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals, with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
- Right to Access, Edit and Delete Your Data.
As a Data Subject, you have the right to access your personal data processed by our Company and the right to request the correction of any inaccurate data that concern you (Article 15 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679). Having regard to the purposes of the editing processed by our Company in the context of our contractual relationship, you may also require the completion of incomplete personal data, among others, by a supplementary statement of you to our Company (Article 16 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Right of Deletion: You have at any time and at your sole discretion the right to request from our Company (which, as mentioned above, functions as the Processing Manager in our contractual relationship) the deletion of your personal data, in accordance with the provisions of Article 17 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Your personal data is only stored for as long as your account on our site is active. Otherwise, your data will be stored for as long as it is necessary for our company to comply fully with its statutory obligations (Article 23 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
You may send by email any request regarding the modification, alternation and / or cancellation of your personal data processed by our company.
- Links to third party websites.
We forbid the use of our site, or our services, for the purpose of transferring, distributing or delivering any bulk or spam emails. We also do not allow the sending of spam messages to any of our customers.
Under applicable law, emails sent from and to our site are not allowed to:
- use or contain invalid or falsified headings
- use or contain invalid or non-existing domain names
- use any technique to manipulate, conceal or disguise any information regarding the tracing of each email’s origin
- use other ways of deception
- use the domain name of a third network, or transmit the email via a third network, without the permission of that
- contain false or misleading information on the subject or main content
- do not comply with the technical regulations described below
We do not permit in any way the collection of email addresses or general information of our customers and subscribers, through our website, or our services. We do not permit or authorize any attempt to use our services in a manner that could harm, deactivate, burden any part of our services, or prevent anyone wishing to use our services.
If we believe that any unauthorized or inappropriate use is made of any of our services, we may, without notice, in our sole discretion, take appropriate steps to block messages from a particular domain, an email server, or an IP address. We have the ability to immediately delete any account that makes use of our services, which at our sole discretion transmits or is associated with the transmission of any emails that violate this policy.
In no part of this policy, the right to broadcast or email via our website and / or our services is intended to be granted to you. Any failure to implement this policy does not in any case amount to abdication of our rights. Unauthorized use of any of our services for the forwarding of unwanted emails, including emails deemed undesirable in this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative sanctions against senders and their assistants.
- Contact for questions or comments.
You can also contact us at any time in order to:
Request access to any data relevant to you that our company owns.
Correct or modify any relevant data to you that our company owns.
Delete any data relevant to you that our company owns.
- Other information you need to know.