Areas: Chamonix – Annecy – St Hilaire du Touvet (France)
Experience needed: IPPI 3 level
Cost: from 1040€
BOA organizes a 1-week long trip, especially for paragliding pilots, to the greatest free flight festival in the world; Coupe Icare!
Coupe Icare is THE celebration of free flight, with a long tradition, longer even than the history of paragliding itself! In 2019, it will be organised for the 46th(!) time, in the picturesque village of St Hilaire du Touvet, in France. We will be amazed by the famous masquerade flights competition (Concours de déguisements) and the awesome acro shows by the best acro pilots in the world, we will watch new films about free flight in the cinema, we will be given the opportunity to touch and test all the new products from all paragliding manufacturers!
Furthermore, before we even live that experience, we will have the opportunity to fly the Alps, not only at St Hilaire, but also at Chamonix and Annecy, two famous spots for paragliding. Chamonix is at the foothills of Mont Blanc, the highest peak of Europe (4,808m), while Annecy with its blue lake is also known as “Venice of the Alps”.
- Friday, 13/9:
- BOA’s vans depart from Athens to Milan, through the Igoumenitsa-Ancoca line, carrying all the equipment
- Sunday 15/9:
- flight from Athens to Milan
- everybody meets at the Malpensa airport and we leave for our shelter, somewhere between Chamonix and Annecy
- arrival and checkin
- possible afternoon flight, if weather permits
- Monday 16/9 – Wednesday 18/9:
- everyday flights, either at Chamonix or Annecy, depending on the weather
- Thrusday 19/9:
- Check-out and departure to Coupe Icare
- Check-in at a shelter/hotel close to the festival
- Flight at St Hilaire
- Friday 20/9 & Saturday 21/9:
- COUPE ICARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Drive to the festival and free programme
- If the weather allows, we could make a morning hike&fly to the top of Dent de Crolles (2.100m, about 3-4 hours), the classic hike&fly route!
- Sunday 22/9:
- Check-out and departure to the airport
- Flight back to Athens
- BOA’s vans depart to Athens
* the final schedule may change
Basic – normal price: 1.280€ (early bird: 1.040€)
- Equipment transport (paraglider and suitcase) with BOA’s vans, from Greece to our destinations and back
- All accommodation
- Breakfast all days
- All local transportation
- Retrieves (up to 40km from take-off, or what agreed on site)
- All take-off fees
- Coupe Icare ticket
- Travel insurance
- Group pharmacy
- Photos and videos from the trip
Full – normal price: 1.480€ ( early bird: 1.280€)
- Everything included in the Basic package
- Airtickets from Athens to Milan and back (Malpensa)
Non-flyer – 100€ off from the package you choose
- Those who choose the basic package, in order to make their own travel arrangements, they are welcome to do so, but they must make sure that they are at the indicated airport, in the indicated day and time
- The meeting point (airport and time) will be determined at a later date
- In any case, all participants can (and it’s our recommendation to) deliver his/her equipment and luggage to BOA, so that we transport them with our vans from Athens. The alternative (take them with you in the airplane, could cost you 100-120€ per person per item!
- All equipment and luggage that are to travel with the vans, must be delivered to BOA’s offices in Athens, 4 days before the start of the trip, at the latest (ie, 11/9). They will be back to Athens on 24/9
- All prices don’t include VAT 24%
What should you have with you
- Paraglider – harness – reserve – helmet – instruments (d’uh): we recommend that you deliver us your equipment, so that it gets transported with our vans
- Glider repair kit
- VHF Radio
- Livetracking: either as a separate device or as an app in your smartphone it is deemed essential for your safety and faster retrieve. A small powerbank in your equipment would also be a good idea
- A suitcase with your clothes for the trip (also, we recommend that you deliver It to us)
- IPPI 3 pilot license or equivalent
- Third party insurance, valid for paragliding
- ID card or passport. You are liable for the validity of your travel documents and your right to enter the country
What is NOT included in the price
- All meals (except breakfast)
- The cost for the alternative activities, if the weather is not flyable
- Tips for the guides
- The cost of the local transportation system (we’ll use our own vans for all transportation, this is solely mentioned in the case someone decides to move independently)
- Anything that is not explicitly mentioned in this document
- Wire transfer
- Credit card
- For those wishing to book the non-flyer package and would like a double bed room, please contact us as soon as possible. We’ll make every effort to accommodate, but two-bed rooms availability will be very limited
In order to secure your participation and get the “early bird” discount, you’ll need to prepay until:
- 1/5/2019, 400€ for the Full package
- 1/6/2019, 400€ for the Basic package
The rest of the sum will need to be paid until 1/8/2019.
After these dates, you will be charged for the normal prices.
If the minimum number of participants (11) is not met until 10/8/2019, the trip is cancelled and the whole amount is returned.
Also, in the case where the trip is cancelled by fault of BOA, the whole amount paid is returned.
If the client cancels on his part, BOA retains the right not to return any amount paid. However, if the cancelled spot is sold to another client, BOA will return the amount paid, minus any cancelling fees that may come up (eg. changing the name of an airplane ticket).
For any information and participation requests, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, +30 211-1110795 or at +30 6994696716.
Registation Form: https://goo.gl/forms/GY0HOq2xDuxzD4yL2
Person of contact: Aimilios Apostolopoulos
United Kingdom Address: 71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
Greece Address: 47 Paparigopoulou str, Aghia Paraskevi, 153 43, Athens, Greece