Area: mt. Dolada, Belluno, Italy (Piccole Dolomiti)
Experience needed: IPPI 4 pilot license, or equivalent
Cost: starting from 1.040 €
BOA organizes a one-week long trip, tailored to paragliding pilots, to the majestic Italian Alps, in the shadow of the infamous mountain range of the Dolomites.
For paragliding pilots, the Alps need no special mention; the birthplace of our beloved sport and THE destination for big flights with strong conditions, they combine beautiful landscapes with personal records and memorable moments which you will never forget.
Our region of choice for this trip is mt. Dolada, in the small Dolomites, a section of the famous Dolomites mountain range, in the northeast part of the Italian Alps.
The large valley of Belluno (the biggest city in the area, which in Celtic means “splendid hill”) presents us with tall mountains and safe landings everywhere, even in July (actually, July is one of the proposed months for the area), yet still offers experienced pilots opportunities for serious XC flights, while lacking the overcrowding of other spots.
The 15th FAI World Paragliding Championship 2017 took place there, in July: https://airtribune.com/worlds2017
Valley floor: 400m
Tallest peak in the area: 2565m (mt. Schiara)
Local XC record: 155km
- Thursday, 11/7:
- BOA’s vans depart from Athens, carrying all paragliding equipment
- airplane flight from Athens to Trieste or Treviso
- meet at the airport and departure to Belluno (about 1-2 h drive)
- arrival at the guesthouse and check-in
- possible afternoon flight, if the schedule and weather allows
- Sunday 14/7 – Friday 19/7:
- 6 days of flying, with a professional guide (Nova Team Pilot) to look after us, flying with us
- alternative activities, if the day isn’t flyable
- Saturday 20/7:
- Check-out and departure to the airport
- Airplane flight to Athens
- BOA’s vans depart to Athens, carrying all paragliding equipment
- Equipment transportation (paraglider and suitcase) with BOA’s vans, from Greece to our destination
- Accommodation for all days, in a beautiful traditional guesthouse, with a view to the take-off and the lake
- Breakfast for all days
- All local transportation (take-off, landing)
- Retrieve (up to a radius of 40km from take-off, unless there is any other agreement)
- Experienced local guide (Nova Team Pilot), who will brief us daily and fly with is, so that we can seize the day in full
- Drivers and helpers fees
- All take-off fees
- Travel insurance
- Team first aid kit
- Photos and videos
Full: normal price 1.550€ (early bird: 1.280€)
- Everything included in the Basic package
- The airtickets Athens-Triente (or Treviso) and return
Non-flyer – 120€ off, from the package you choose
- Bring your spouse with you, for a reduced price!
- Those who choose the basic package, in order to make their own travel arrangements, they are welcome to do so, but they must make sure that they are at the indicated airport, in the indicated day and time
- The meeting point (airport and time) will be determined at a later date
- In any case, all participants can (and it’s our recommendation to) deliver his/her equipment and luggage to BOA, so that we transport them with our vans from Athens. The alternative (take them with you in the airplane, could cost you 100-120€ per person per item!
- All equipment and luggage that are to travel with the vans, must be delivered to BOA’s offices in Athens, 4 days before the start of the trip, at the latest (ie, 9/7). They will be back to Athens on 22/7
- All prices don’t include VAT 24%
What should you have with you
- Paraglider – harness – reserve – helmet – instruments (d’uh): we recommend that you deliver us your equipment, so that it gets transported with our vans
- Glider repair kit
- VHF Radio
- Livetracking: either as a separate device or as an app in your smartphone it is deemed essential for your safety and faster retrieve. A small powerbank in your equipment would also be a good idea
- A suitcase with your clothes for the trip (also, we recommend that you deliver It to us)
- IPPI 4 pilot license or equivalent
- Third party insurance, valid for paragliding
- ID card or passport. You are liable for the validity of your travel documents and your right to enter the country
- Enough spare underwear… conditions may get bumpy 😉
What is NOT included in the price
- All meals (except breakfast)
- The cost for the alternative activities, if the weather is not flyable
- Tips for the guides
- The cost of the local transportation system (we’ll use our own vans for all transportation, this is solely mentioned in the case someone decides to move independently)
- Anything that is not explicitly mentioned in this document
- Food, beer
- Beer, Food
- Mountain bike
- Flying fox
- Stamp collection
- Wire transfer
- Credit card
- BOA requires from all pilots to have an IPPI 4 license or equivalent and third party liability insurance. Our guide will give us a daily safety and weather briefing. Nevertheless, the client is solely responsible for his ability to fly, the state of his equipment and his personal safety during his flight
- For those wishing to book the non-flyer package and would like a double bed room, please contact us as soon as possible. We’ll make every effort to accommodate, but two-bed rooms availability will be very limited
In order to secure your participation and get the “early bird” discount, you’ll need to prepay until:
- 1/2/2019, 400€ for the Full package
- 15/2/2019, 400€ for the Basic package
The rest of the sum will need to be paid until 1/6/2019.
If the minimum number of participants (11) is not met until 1/6/2019, the trip is cancelled and the whole amount is returned.
Also, in the case where the trip is cancelled by fault of BOA, the whole amount paid is returned.
If the client cancels on his part, BOA retains the right not to return any amount paid. However, if the cancelled spot is sold to another client, BOA will return the amount paid, minus any cancelling fees that may come up (eg. changing the name of an airplane ticket).
For any information and participation requests, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, +30 211-1110795 or at +30 6994696716.
Registation Form: https://goo.gl/forms/GY0HOq2xDuxzD4yL2
Person of contact: Aimilios Apostolopoulos
United Kingdom Address: 71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
Greece Address: 47 Paparigopoulou str, Aghia Paraskevi, 153 43, Athens, Greece